Ryan was a recruiter at Amazon for greater than three years. He stated one of the best ways to use for a job on the firm is on its careers website, and added that individuals ought to attain out on to recruiters, as effectively.
“Most recruiters, particularly at Amazon, the place you might be competing in opposition to different Amazon recruiters, verify candidates each day,” Ryan stated.
• Do not simply apply on Amazon’s careers web site. Attain out to their recruiters on LinkedIn.
• Make sure that your resume is well-formatted and typo-free.
• Examine the corporate’s 14 management rules, and be ready to speak about how you’ve got demonstrated them.
• Techies ought to brush up on their laptop science abilities, and be prepared for a coding check.
• Some candidates may even have to write down an essay.
Discovering these individuals should not be exhausting. Most recruiters have a particular LinkedIn license that enables candidates to message them over the platform free of charge, Ryan defined. “Attain out to ones which might be within the division you need to work at,” Ryan stated.
Replace your social media profiles, Ryan stated, including that Amazon recruiters seek for expertise on LinkedIn, GitHub and Stack Overflow. Be looking out for the hiring occasions that Amazon holds at varied cities, Ryan stated.
It is essential that your resume is well-formatted and typo-free, he stated. “Say you are a developer; in case your resume has errors, it makes me marvel – and undoubtedly hiring managers — how clear your code is,” Ryan stated.