Feb 13 (Reuters) – The next are the highest tales within the Wall Road Journal. Reuters has not verified these tales and doesn’t vouch for his or her accuracy.
– Apple Inc plan to create a subscription service for information is working into resistance from main publishers over the tech large’s proposed monetary phrases, in accordance with folks aware of the scenario, complicating an initiative that’s a part of the corporate’s efforts to offset slowing iPhone gross sales. on.wsj.com/2SqtivI
– Activision Blizzard Inc mentioned it plans to chop about eight % of its workforce because it grapples with adjustments in how folks purchase and play videogames, and expects to file $150 million in pretax expenses in reference to the strikes, most of which will probably be incurred this yr. on.wsj.com/2RWEfjK
– The founders of Lyft Inc are making ready to take near-majority voting management of the ride-hailing firm when it goes public this yr, regardless of collectively proudly owning a stake of lower than 10 %, making them the most recent Silicon Valley entrepreneurs to safe outsize affect over a sizzling startup because it enters the general public markets. on.wsj.com/2I98XGx
– Staff at BuzzFeed Information have voted to unionize, weeks after executives on the digital-media firm introduced substantial layoffs to steer the startup to profitability. on.wsj.com/2thCPXb
– U.S. President Donald Trump despatched blended alerts on a bipartisan border-security deal reached by lawmakers, however he did not rule out finally signing the ensuing laws, injecting new suspense over whether or not one other authorities shutdown would start this weekend. on.wsj.com/2TMfNmJ
Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom